Saturday, March 8, 2014

Two days in the Laurentians

We just spent 2 glorious days with my brother and his wife who have just built themselves a lovely modern chalet on Lac Gauthier.  The first day we cross-country skied at the Domain St Bernard.  Despite a start to the day of -32ºC the sun was out and we warmed up quickly.

The second day we went  snow-shoeing to see some frozen waterfalls.  According to Don's GPS we only tramped for 2 hours, but it took 5 altogether and I'm sure that even with pausing to admire the scenery and to picnic that we must have been walking ever so much longer.  For those with a fitbit, I did 15000 steps!!  Needless to say I amaze myself with what I can accomplish when I have to.  Sure beats my half hour walks with the dog in the morning !

These are a few of the pictures from the day.


The waterfalls are the white part on the hill on the left

the falls looking from the lake




Thanks to Obama and Ellen I know what a selfie is!

No comments: