Before the retreat we prepared collography plates. Our version of them. Mostly we glued bits and pieces on cardboard, knowing that we wouldn't have a press to run them through. These were then painted over with house paint to anchor things more firmly and to provide a waterproof surface.
In the picture below the "plate" is the bottom left item and the 3 pieces of fabric show the results. We tried putting the fabric below the plate then using a brayer to rub. Tried putting the plate down then the fabric on top and using a brayer. Eventually I just patted the fabric on top with my hands. I used ProChem fabric paints.
This plate produced a rather Picasso-ish effect that was unexpected.
The plates themselves are almost works of art!
The two pictures below show the effects of starburst salt and Setacolour.